For legal research, you may first want to review our listing of county law libraries and our listing of university law libraries to see if there is a dedicated law library near you. If you are unable to locate a law library in your area, use the links below to find your nearest public library as it may carry legal materials for public use.
Select the city closest to you for a listing of public libraries in the area. Alternatively, the Texas State Library and Archives offers this directory of public libraries searchable by city, county, or zip code.
- Abilene (Big Country Library System)
- Amarillo (Harrington Library Consortium)
- Austin (Central Texas Library System, Inc.)
- Dallas (Northeast Texas Library System)
- El Paso (Texas Trans-Pecos Library System)
- Fort Worth (North Texas Library Partners)
- Houston (Houston Area Library System)
- Lubbock (West Texas Library System)
- San Antonio (Alamo Area Library System)