Felony Restrictions by Code
Below is a listing of the Texas Codes that contain statutory restrictions on convicted felons. Click on a code to view the restrictions we have been able to identify within that code. We do not warrant this to be a complete listing of all restrictions for felons.
§411.172. Department Of Public Safety Of The State Of Texas — Eligibility
(a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:
(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a);
(2) is at least 21 years of age;
(3) has not been convicted of a felony;
(4) is not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment;
(5) is not a fugitive from justice for a felony or a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense;
Further restrictions exist. Read the statute in its entirety for further information.